Welcome to my new podcast on Podbean! I'm hoping to share quickies like this first video and longer form episodes for bigger dishes in this new format.
I love this sauce and strawberries are just beautiful this time of year. The sauce comes together quickly and is very versatile - - it can be used on desserts like icecream, breakfasts like oatmeal or granola - or as a sauce for an entree like halibut or pork chops. It's one of my favorite summertime recipes.
- 10 ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- warm the pan on medium high heat - add the olive oil
- saute the strawberries for five minutes in the olive oil, then add the sugar - cooking two more minutes, until strawberries begin to soften
- add balsamic vinegar and turn the heat down to medium until vinegar mixture reduces by half into a thick syrup
- add orange juice - stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately